Meshing error: Material point is out of bounds¶
Meshing error: The ‘Material Point’ specified was located out side the ‘BaseMeshBox’, which is considered fatal. It must be located inside the BaseMeshBox.
- The ‘Material Point’ coordinates that were specified (under Geometry Primitives subtree) for the ‘SnappyHexMesh’ were located outside of the ‘BaseMeshBox’. For all cases, the MaterialPoint must always be inside the BaseMeshBox.
What could be the possible reason?¶
- The entered coordinates for the ‘Material Point’ are located out of the ‘Base Mesh Box’ bounds.
What can I do now?¶
- Please check the entered coordinates for ‘Material Point’ (under Geometry Primitives sub tree) of SnappyHexMesh and make sure the point is located inside the ‘Base Mesh Box’.
- Please see the SnappyHexMesh documentation and Material Point , for detailed description on how to specify the MaterialPoint.
- Further, see tutorial examples for external or internal flow meshes Here