In February 2016, SimScale hosted a webinar series with Onshape. The series focused on improving product design using Onshape and SimScale, as a CAD tool and as a simulation/CAE tool. The recordings are still available and can be watched for free.
Session 1 – Using Onshape and SimScale for Vibration Analysis
In this webinar, we showed how Onshape and SimScale can be used together in product design. We will use simulation to analyze the effects of vibration.
– Integration of Onshape and SimScale
– The effects of periodic loading on a printed circuit board
– Improve the design using simulation knowledge and recheck the results
Session 2 – Using Onshape and SimScale for Thermal Analysis
In this webinar, we showed how thermal analysis can be done with an Onshape model on SimScale.
– Thermal analysis of the printed circuit board model
– Propose improvements to the cooling system
Session 3 – Using Onshape and SimScale for Cooling Improvements
In this webinar, we validated improvements to a cooling system using Onshape and SimScale.
– Buoyant heat transfer analysis
– Validate cooling improvements using
– Sum up the achievements of the three webinar sessions
Onshape is the first and only full-cloud 3D CAD system that allows every member of a lets everyone on a design team work together using any web browser, phone, or tablet.
Onshape was built from scratch for the way today’s engineers, designers and manufacturers really work. It provides secure and simultaneous access to a single master version of their CAD data without the hassles of software licenses or copying files.
Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Onshape is a new venture-backed company that includes key members of the original SolidWorks team, as well as elite engineers from the cloud, data security and mobile industries.
Subscribe to the SimScale Blog
Back to the Blog