In February 2016, SimScale hosted a webinar series with Onshape. The series focused on improving product design using Onshape and SimScale, as a CAD tool and as a simulation/CAE tool. The recordings are still available and can be watched for free.
Session 1 – Using Onshape and SimScale for Vibration Analysis
– Integration of Onshape and SimScale
– The effects of periodic loading on a printed circuit board
– Improve the design using simulation knowledge and recheck the results
Session 2 – Using Onshape and SimScale for Thermal Analysis
In this webinar, we showed how thermal analysis can be done with an Onshape model on SimScale.
– Thermal analysis of the printed circuit board model
– Propose improvements to the cooling system
Session 3 – Using Onshape and SimScale for Cooling Improvements
In this webinar, we validated improvements to a cooling system using Onshape and SimScale.
– Buoyant heat transfer analysis
– Validate cooling improvements using
– Sum up the achievements of the three webinar sessions
Onshape is the first and only full-cloud 3D CAD system that allows every member of a lets everyone on a design team work together using any web browser.
Onshape was built from scratch for the way today’s engineers, designers and manufacturers really work. It provides secure and simultaneous access to a single master version of their CAD data without the hassles of software licenses or copying files.
Based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Onshape is a new venture-backed company that includes key members of the original SolidWorks team, as well as elite engineers from the cloud, data security and mobile industries.