About the Workshop
SimScale and EUROAVIA (European Association of Aerospace Students) are joining forces to offer a workshop series about the application of engineering simulation in the aerospace industry.
Participants will receive a hands-on, interactive introduction to the fundamentals of engineering simulation and will learn from top simulation experts how to leverage the free, cloud-based SimScale platform in testing their aerospace designs. Every session comes with an optional homework assignment.
Submitting all three homework will qualify you for a free Online Professional Training (value of 500€) as well as a certificate of participation. There is no prior knowledge or software required to join this workshop series. All participants will get free access to SimScale with all the required simulation features.
- The Aerospace Workshop will consist of a series of 3 one-hour webinar sessions
- The live online sessions will take place on Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. Central European Time, with the first session starting on July 14th
- Dedicated and individual support
- Earn a certificate of completion by submitting at least two of three homeworks
- Receive a SimScale Professional Training (value of 500€) if you successfully complete all 3 simulation homework assignments
- There is no prior knowledge or software required to join this free workshop series
- All participants will get free access to SimScale with all the required simulation features
Do you have a question regarding this workshop series? Check out the dedicated forum section where you will receive free and dedicated support.
Session 1 – 14th of July 2016
VENTILATION OF AIRCRAFT CABIN
In the first session of the Aerospace Workshop, we will introduce you to the SimScale platform and talk about the fundamentals of simulation before creating our first flow simulation of the ventilation of an aircraft cabin.
Session 2 – 21st of July 2016
BENDING OF AN AIRFOIL FRAME
During the second session, we will introduce you to structural simulation and how it is used in the aerospace industry. You will learn about different mechanical design strategies and prove them with the aid of a simulation.
Session 3 – 28th of July 2016
COMPRESSIBLE AERODYNAMICS OF AN AIRCRAFT
The last session will expand on the knowledge that you gained from the first session about the flow simulation and apply it to the design of a commercial aircraft.